• To ensure that the hotel backup tapes are rotated, stored and kept in good repair.
• To complete regular security checks around the hotel and grounds and recording these correctly - highlighting or rectifying any issues.
• To ensure that all restaurant, bar and lounge and public areas within the hotel are prepared and set for the following day's business, to the correct company standards at all times.
• To ensure that all cleaning duties are completed to a high standard - this includes checking the toilets and smoking areas at regular intervals, cleaning public areas and any other reasonable request.
• To prepare and deliver any room service orders due between the hours of 11pm and 7am.
• To deliver any messages, luggage or newspapers to guest bedrooms on request, in an appropriate time.
• To ensure that any requests made by guests are followed through.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties as deemed appropriate by a supervisor.
• To play an active role in the fire team, following direction from the Fire Controller.
• To acknowledge all guests within 5 seconds, either through speech or with positive facial expressions such as a smile.
• To answer all queries from guests or where applicable, direct them to the appropriate member of staff or department.
• To deal with all customer and guest comments or complaints and to pass on any relevant information to your Supervisor.
• To be polite & courteous to all guests and visitors to the hotel at all times.
• To attend and actively contribute towards monthly departmental reception and Fire Safety meetings.
• To ensure all relevant information about guests is passed on to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
• To ensure that a complete handover is received and given at the beginning and end of every shift.
• To upsell whenever appropriate through night service and room service.
• To encourage guests to return or offer information about hotel products.
• Training & Development To actively contribute towards your Personal Performance Review
• To attend any training sessions as advised by your HOD or HR Manager
• To maintain personal hygiene standards at all times.
• To wear the correct uniform, in good condition whilst on duty and in the hotel and to take responsibility for the uniform whilst off-duty.
• Awareness of and adherence to all The George In Rye policies and procedures such as:
- House rules and code of conduct.
- Absence, Disciplinary & Grievance, Performance Management.
• To ensure that all breaks are taken in the appropriate areas provided, i.e. staff canteen or staff smoking shelter
• Manage your work load effectively and utilise your time wisely and proactively.
To apply for this job please complete our online enquiry form or email us at email@example.com