Job Title: Receptionist
Reports to: Reception Manager
Job role: To greet, welcome and look after all guests, ensuring that their stay exceeds expectations. To deal with all monetary transactions on behalf of the Hotel. To act as a communicator for all guests and internal customers
Key tasks and accountability
Hospitality & Service
Health and Safety
- To check guests in and out, to greet guests at the desk, and check them in correctly on the computer, to escort guests to their room and receive payment of guests accounts and to know how to operate the PDQ Machines.
- To check availability and take correct details in order to sell the rooms at the best possible rates and to enter reservations into the computer.
- To act as cashier for the guests and other departments
- To be part of a warm, caring, professional Reception Team
- To promote the Hotel over the telephone and know the facilities available in order to sell. To take brochure and tariff enquires and follow them up in order to sell rooms.
- Taking reservations for rooms, restaurant and special events
- To act as a sales person, promoting the image of the Hotel at all times.
- To be aware of and comply with the Hotel's Policy on Health and Safety at work.
- To carry out all duties in a safe manner, having regard to the health, safety and welfare of all persons on Hotel premises
- To be aware of and comply with the Hotel's rules and regulations.
- To have good social skills to greet guests, deal with enquires and any complaints received to the standard required of the Hotel.
- To work closely with your Reception Manager as well as other departments and to work as part of a team within the Front of House Department.
- Report and Handover any lost property to Housekeeping
- To be polite at all times, reporting any complaints to the Reception Manager
To report and suspicious incidents, substances, objects or character immediately to the Duty Manager.
Planning and Organisation
Attention to Detail
- To adhere to the requirement of data protection and storage of data in line with the company policy.
- Make regular frequent checks of all public areas to monitor guest activity to ensure standards of presentation.
- To be aware of and comply with the Hotel's Rules and Regulations.
- To be smart at all times whilst on duty and wear the correct uniform. Personal hygiene to be of the highest standard.
- To have a comprehensive awareness and understanding of our service standards and an understanding of how attitude and performance are linked to the overall success of the Hotel.
- To ensure that His/Her product knowledge is continually updated.
- To ensure that all guests are made aware of promotional events, services and products so that up selling opportunities are maximised.
The purpose of this Job description is to focus attention on the most important aspects of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and therefore on occasions you may acquire additional responsibilities and/or be required to lead or participate in various projects.
To apply for this job please complete our online enquiry form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org