The George Grill restaurant and George Tap restaurant are open all day and serve on average 120 covers a day and up to 100 covers in the evening. Food and drink is very much at the heart of the offering at the George, defining the personality of the business and setting us aside from other UK hotels. In the kitchen, we source the best local ingredients we can find and always sourcing according to season when available. These excellent ingredients are predominantly prepared using our Josper charcoal oven which gives our Grill items their distinctive taste and helps differentiate us. Our bar, The George Tap, is frequented by hotel guests and locals alike and serves a wide selection of wines, real ales, draught cider and continental beers.
The Restaurant Manager reports to the Operations Director and the Directors. All Food & Beverage staff and Kitchen staff report to the Restaurant Manager. The role is very hands-on, managing the service of restaurant and bar operations to the laid down standards and in a manner that maximises profitability and guest satisfaction.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• To recruit restaurant and bar staff, to manage and motivate bar and restaurant staff, to train and develop staff according to company policies and employment laws, and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed.
• To maximize revenues whilst controlling costs.
• To manage cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies.
• To encourage repeat business and positive guest feedback through provision of a professional and quality guest experience.
• To schedule staff members on a weekly basis to ensure appropriate coverage and control of payroll.
• To forecast business levels and payroll costs on a weekly basis.
• To act as Duty Manager whilst on shift as required and in this role to make decisions on behalf of the company and deal with any problems or complaints to the satisfaction of the company and guest.
• To ensure that the restaurant and bar areas are maintained to the correct standard of cleanliness at all times and that maintenance issues are reported timorously.
• To ensure that the restaurant and bar areas provide a conducive and inviting atmosphere to guests at all times.
• To effectively manage and control the Restaurant reservations diary in a manner that ensures business levels are maximised whilst maintaining standards of food, beverage and service.
• To ensure weekly beverage orders are placed and stock par levels are maintained.
• To liaise with beverage suppliers and to provide input with regards to the product mix to be offered.
• To ensure that the wine cellar is effectively managed and organized.
• To ensure that beverage GPs are maintained and deficits limited and to report on beverage month end figures.
• To actively participate in the creation of beverage menus, wine and cocktail lists and food menus in conjunction with other department heads.
• To ensure that monthly stock takes of operating equipment are carried out as per the laid down standard with variances being reported on.
• To develop personal skills and capability through ongoing training, as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to company approval.
If this is something you may be interested in then please forward your contact telephone number to Lucie Smitalova at firstname.lastname@example.org