Job Title: Waiter / Waitress
Responsible for: Provision of food and beverage in The Grill and the Tap Bar.
Reports to: F&B Manager
Liaises with: F&B Supervisors
Job purpose: To deliver outstanding customer service in every aspect of guest interaction. To work within procedures and company policies to deliver this service
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To exceed customer expectations for standards of service that encourages repeat business and positive guest feedback
- To be attentive and anticipate guest needs
- To be customer focused
- To take guest orders correctly and efficiently
- To serve food and drinks in the correct manner as set out in the Restaurant and Bar SOP's
- To manage payment thoroughly, ensure guests are charged correctly for what they have received and given the right change when needed
- To report for work in the correct clean and pressed uniform
- To work within company guidelines for health and safety, food hygiene and licensing law
- To complete shift checklists to ensure that all jobs for the day are completed
- To work within the team for the good of the team
- To carry out any reasonable tasks asked of you by a member of the Food and beverage management team
- To report any guest related problems or complaints immediately to management for follow up
- To report any maintenance or safety issues to management for follow up
- To have a thorough knowledge of all food and beverage products served
- To ensure that operating equipment is stored and maintained to the laid down standards
- To have knowledge of the Hotel and restaurant premises and the key personnel inside it.
- To have had an introduction to the company Handbook, Manuals, and to have completed the assesments set for a waiter
- To know the emergency procedures and to be trained on the use of cleaning chemicals.
- To understand each role during service.
- To be aware of and use correctly the cleaning schedule.
- To polish glasses to the correct standard.
- To fill and maintain cruets and condiments.
- To fold napkins to correct specification.
- To polish cutlery using correct method and to the correct standard.
- To be able to set up each table according to the needs for each service.
- To have good knowledge of the table numbers, and stations.
- To have a good basic knowledge of
- To be able to take dessert, coffee and drink orders competently.
- To be able to use Micros to order dessert, coffee and drink orders.
- To be able to take a food order and put into the micros .
- To be able to carry out menu mis en place.
- To be able to carry out bread and butter service.
- To be able to set up and breakdown each station.
- To be able to competently carry out linen count
To apply for this role please complete our online enquiry form or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org