Job Title: Room Assistants
Responsible for: Cleaning hotel rooms and public areas
Reports to: Executive Head of Housekeeping and Housekeeping Supervisor
Job Role: To service all hotel bedrooms, function rooms, public areas and back of house areas, including staff changing-rooms, staff canteen and offices. To perform all duties in accordance with the laid
down hotel standards and in a manner that maximises profitability and guest satisfaction.
Key tasks and accountability
• Clean all hotel bedrooms and bathrooms to hotel standards
• Clean all hotel function rooms and public areas to hotel standards.
• Clean all back of house areas, staff changing rooms, staff canteen and offices to meet required health and safety standards.
• Report all maintenance works and defects to housekeeping supervisor/manager.
• Focus with a "special emphasis" on priority and VIP guests.
• Make beds and remove dirty linen.
• Make up additional beds, cots and sofas as required in rooms.
• Remove all extra beds and cots from rooms as required.
• Collect and distribute clean linen.
• Remove all rubbish and waste to refuse area.
• Polish all furniture and glass.
• Vacuum all carpets.
• Polish all floors with floor polishing machine.
• Clean and sanitise all bathrooms.
• Refresh all guest requisites in room.
• Refresh all linen stocks at end of shift.
• Refresh work baskets and tidies at end of shift
• Create a courteous, friendly, professional, work environment through open line of communication.
• Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation standards.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name badges when working.
• Comply at all times with the hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations and working practises.
• Maintain an overall clean and safe hotel for our guests as well as our work colleagues, establishing and maintaining quality control.
• Utilizing the proper equipment and supplies for the efficient and economical operation of the hotel.
• Attend all company training as necessary to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
• Always wear appropriate PPE provided.
• Report all accidents and incidents to your supervisor/manager. All accidents must be recorded in the accident book
• Ensure that housekeeping services are completed in a first-class and professional manner.
• Provide guests with professional, efficient, prompt and courteous service.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and employee may be requested from time to time to perform other duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the business.