Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Department: The George In Rye
Reports to: Cooks, the Kitchen Manager
Scope and General Purpose:
To assist with the cleaning, preparation and packaging of foodstuffs. To clean premises, equipment, linen and clothing, as required to agreed standards.
• To clean designated areas, complying with statutory and company hygiene requirements, including floors, counters, shelves, fixtures and fittings and walls up to 1,8 m.
• To clean all equipment, not only complying with statutory and company hygiene requirements, but also with all safety standards.
• To sharpen knives and place in correct storage areas.
• To clean, cut or prepare raw meat, fish or poultry for cooking.
• To peel, clean and cut up fruit or vegetables.
• To cut bread and make toast to required standards.
• To measure, decant, pack and seal foodstuffs, using prescribed or laid-down measures.
• To move, stack, carry, load or unload utensils, tools, equipment, foodstuffs and other articles.
• To tend fires or boilers, removing ash and debris when necessary.
• To operate, by switching on or off, standard kitchen equipment for peeling, cutting, mixing, cleaning, polishing or rubber stamping.
• To deliver messages or orders on foot or with a non-mechanical mode of transport.
To apply for this job please complete our online enquiry form or email us at email@example.com