The George in Rye is a magical place to be at Christmas. Rye is a town straight out of Dickens, and the hotel is the perfect setting for this year's winter festivities. We've created a three or four night package that takes care of everything short of buying the presents, allowing you to relax and enjoy yourself with family and friends over fine food and wine. The package includes accommodation, all food and lunch as well as an excursion to Canterbury Cathedral on Boxing Day.
The following total price of £455 per person (sharing) for a three-night package includes the following:
- Full English breakfast each morning• Special excursion to Canterbury Cathedral including all transport, lunch and Cathedral entrance.
- mince pies and welcome reception drinks on arrival on Christmas Eve
- dinner* in The George Grill on Christmas Eve
- Traditional Christmas lunch
- a light buffet for dinner on Christmas Day
- lunch at The Falstaff in Canterbury on Boxing Day as part of the special excursion
- dinner* on Boxing Day in The George Grill.
The outline programme will run as follows:
• Enjoy full English breakfast in The Grill
• Between 12:00 and 12:30 you will be served a complimentary Bellini before sitting down to a Traditional Christmas lunch
with all the trimmings from 12:30pm
• For dinner, we will be serving a light buffet from 7:00pm.
• After a leisurely breakfast, leave the hotel at 11:00am for a special excursion to Canterbury
• Arrive in time for early lunch at our sister Hotel, The Falstaff in Canterbury.
• Take a guided tour of Canterbury Cathedral.
• Return to Rye at 5pm to relax in your room before dinner* is served in The George Grill
Sunday 27th December
• For those on the 3-night package, check out on Sunday 27th December after a hearty breakfast;
Extend your Christmas break
Extend your holiday to 4 days by booking an extra night (bed and breakfast) on either 23rd or 27th December for just £55 per person per room. This will give you more time to spend with the family, or just take your time and explore all the area has to offer.
*dinner to the value of £50 per couple
The following supplements apply to the 3-night package:
• Upgrade to Superior room – (total of £495pp)
• Upgrade to Luxury room – (total of £545pp)
• Upgrade to Junior Suite - (total of £595pp)
• Accommodation for child (when sharing parents’ room) – £250 per child
• Single occupancy supplement – from £250pp depending on room type – ask reservations for details
Book an extra night on 23rd December or 27th December from just £55 per person (depending on room type) bed and breakfast.
Book by 31st July 2015 to take advantage of our Early Bird discount of 10%
Suggested Christmas morning activity for guests:
• Camber Sands – explore the glorious beach and sand dunes at Camber, just a five minute drive away from The George; or
• Rye Harbour Nature Reserve - this large area is a mosaic of habitats beside the sea, full of wildlife for you to discover and ten minutes' drive away.
On Christmas afternoon, we will be showing a children’s film in the Benson room.
On the evening of Sunday 27th December, we will be hosting one of our regular comedy nights, brought to you by the well-established Lonestar Comedy Club. There will be three hilarious acts and supper served in the interval. The event (comedy night and supper) is complimentary for residents on our 4 night package.
Bodiam Castle is a picturesque 14th century moated castle, and one of Britain’s most romantic and ancient monuments. It is a 25 minute drive from The George (and open on 23rd, 26th & 27th December)
Kino Digital Cinema is newly opened and under a minute’s walk from The George, up Lion Street. Kino has two screens showing a mix of blockbusters and art house movies.
Hastings Old Town is snuggled between two hills at the far eastern end of Hastings. A picturesque jumble of weather-boarded cottages, mossy-roofed townhouses and narrow 'twittens' (passageways). Down on the seafront is The Stade, where the tall black net huts of the town’s still-working fishing fleet abut the sleek, black-tiled Jerwood Gallery of Modern Art.